Software Answers, Inc. has an opening for a Manager of Engineering.
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Brecksville, OH
Software Answers, Inc. is excited to announce the addition of the Manager of Engineering. As we position ourselves for growth, we find it essential to add a software manager that will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers and directly supporting the design, coding, releasing, and testing of the ProgressBook Suite. As a technical leader, the Manager of Engineering will direct the effort of ensuring the highest level of capability, consistency, and quality; work with teams of impressive developers; and be challenged to develop great solutions while working in a fun environment.
We are seeking a candidate with a solid understanding of web-based development on Microsoft technologies who also has a passion for developing quality software applications and enjoys leading others in efficient processes.
- Technical knowledge of web applications using the Microsoft technology stack
- Expert in Agile methods including SCRUM and TDD
- Leadership skills that inspire and grow teams
- College degree in a technology field
- Solid history of software engineering experience
- Experience with managing and growing productive teams
- Proven ability to deliver quality solutions on time, within budget and scope
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan and drive processes
- Translating complex technical requirements into functional software while focusing on building a simple, intuitive application that our K-12 customers can use easily
- Developing project plans, planning resources, and managing development timelines that correlate with product road map
- Directing the engineering required for integration of third-party or add-on applications
- Managing the activities of the software developers to consistently deliver quality solutions on time, within budget and scope. This includes releases, bug fixes, and changes to production configurations
- Developing an ongoing training program for our development team
Software Answers, Inc. has been recognized as one of the “Best Employers in Ohio” 7 years in a row. We could be the next step in your career.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your résumé to Careers@ProgressBook.com
Software Answers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.